Saturday, January 10, 2009

Happy New Year!

I have no idea where 2008 went, but 2009 does appear to be promising. I made up my New Year's resolutions a few days ago & somehow I ended up with 11. I know, realistically I've set myself up for failure with that many goals, but perhaps I'll surprize myself & everyone around me. I thought about sharing them with the world, but my dignity won't let me, so instead I've created a poll, which I hope everyone will vote on. The pictures I've included with this posting are from New Year's Eve. My sister, Patti & I & our friend, Angie, rang in the new year at Hale Centre Theatre with a few hundred other people. There was a special 10pm showing of their current play, "Cash on Delivery" a comedy which I highly recommend. It was hilarious! A live band called "Lokalgrown" was playing as we filed in to take our seats. Hats, noisemakers & streamers were provided & spirits were high (& I don't mean the kind in a glass) as we sang along with "Sweet Home Alabama" & "Sweet Caroline." At intermission we were led downstairs to one of 2 banquet rooms where appetizers & desserts abounded. Back into the play, a man wearing a white dinner jacket & reminding me of a pleasingly plump Lawrence Welk, suddenly stood & began counting down the time. The actors & actresses immediately stopped & counted down with the audience & when midnight was reached balloons & confetti rained down all over the stage. Everyone was shouting & kissing, well not everyone was kissing, I was blowing on my noisemaker, but one day I will be included in that "everyone" reference. Anyway, we all finally settled down, but the stage still looked like a circus had exploded. The actors & actresses didn't seem to mind, however & they moved around & through the confetti like it was one of the props, popping balloons as they spoke & generally making an even larger mess. The audience, of course, loved it! We didn't walk out of the theatre until nearly 1am & I went home & collapsed into bed, but it was a great way to welcome what I hope will be my best year yet.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Your New Year's eve certainly looks like it was fun! Good luck with all your resolutions.