Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Victory!?


What truly is the definition of victory? My old roommate, Amanda, might say that my actually writing another post after 7 months is a victory. Yes...well...in my mind the word "victory" sounds so big, as if one had pulled Excalibur from the stone. But victories, I've found, come in varied shapes & sizes. And though on the outside these delicate little packages seem inconsequential, in reality they are milestones & can change one's entire course. Does that mean then that speaking my mind at work for something I felt was important was a victory? It didn't change a thing. What about trying something that nearly scared you speechless, but you'd always wanted to try? Perhaps forgiving a friend who hurt you, trying a new recipe, or smiling at someone when your own world looked very bleak. Are those really considered victories? I would say yes! Ok, an enchilada casserole isn't exactly life altering, nor is gathering up one's courage. But every time I try & when I experience those rare moments of success, I now believe I've gained a victory - victories that shape my life & my character. And I have a feeling that even King Arthur would agree.

Below is one of my victories. I have always wanted to try & sing while playing the piano for an audience, but even the thought scared me to death. However, I gathered up my courage for one of our branch family home evenings, "Union Fort Idol," & gave it a try. I actually won. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are incredible.

Unknown said...

You're wonderful and I love you. =)